The GrimmSpeed aftermarket boost controller allows you to raise the OEM boost levels in a quick and efficient manner. The OEM solenoid is programmed to make only so much boost, so surpassing the levels on the OEM solenoid can become dangerous as the target numbers become unpredictable, and dangerous for your motor. With the GrimmSpeed solenoid, you are able to spool your turbo quicker, and maintain a consistent boost level. These solenoids are made to withstand 120 PSI, which is way more boost than any Subaru should see.
GrimmSpeed provides model specific install brackets that allow you to directly fit the GrimmSpeed Boost Solenoid into your Subaru for a factory fit, so this eliminates zip ties, or sloppy installs. Because of the OEM-style fitment theme, the Boost Solenoid uses a Subaru style wiring harness so you can simply plug in your GrimmSpeed unit in place of the OEM unit. And this eliminates the need for cutting or crimping of the wires.
These solenoids will also come with nickel plated brass fittings so you don’t have OEM style plastic hose fittings that were prone to breaking off.
Full features include:
• Direct plug and play into OEM wiring
• MAC completely custom made valve
• Users can use AN fittings with the solenoid
• Mounting bracket so it’s a direct bolt-on into factory location
• Low-profile brass hose fittings (small in size so its compact)
• Specifically designed by GrimmSpeed to work safely with the factory Subaru ECU (requires tuning) and to reliably handle the vibrations and temperatures on your engine bay
• The only direct “bolt in” design for all Subaru models. Direct bolt-in mounting bracket and hardware included
• Includes plug and play harness, no wire splicing required, and easily can be returned back to stock
• Allows you to raise the factory boost levels with adding more response and more control
• Allows you to get to full boost sooner
• Faster response and greater flow than any other valve out there. (By more than 10%)
• Nickel plated brass fittings