Automatic transmissions can really be prone to failure if they get too hot under spirited driving conditions. All of the major internal guts of the transmission such as the clutches, valve body, torque converter, all these things if exposed to too much heat can fail under spirited driving, or if you simply live in a warmer climate.
Mishimoto who specializes in the latest in advanced cooling technology has developed the CVT Transmission Cooler Kit. This kit is a great modification especially if you are a regular participant in high-performance driving conditions.
Here are some key features:
- 20°F (6.7°C) temperature decrease compared to only using the stock transmission cooler
- Direct fitment design with no cutting or modification to the vehicle
- 19-row stacked-plate oil cooler is front mounted for maximum airflow
- Mounting brackets include provisions for aftermarket horns
- Works in conjunction with the stock transmission cooler
- Works with the Mishimoto engine cooler kit
- Adds approximately 1 qt of transmission fluid
- Core Height: 5.43"
- Core Length: 11"
Additionally, this kit will include all of the required hose, fittings, brackets, clamps, zip-ties, and hardware to make it ready for the installation.
Upgraded Fluid Hoses:
Kit will come standard with 12' of Mishimoto rubber hose
We've had many many customers complain about the issues with the hose that Mishimoto provides so we've started offering you guys an alternative.
For just a little more you have the option of getting 20' of Black Nylon Braided Hose. Upgraded hose is -8AN size and larger than the standard Mishimoto hoses. Hose clamps may be needed to a leak free installation.